[tlug] As a writing tool...

>>I've been having some sporadic problems with copy-paste in Linux
>>

>The best way to copy and paste in X is to highlight the text with the mouse,
>which places it into X's text buffer, then use the middle mouse button to
>paste it (or the first and second buttons at the same time, if using a
>two-button mouse).
>
>Play around with this a little, you will get used to it.

Thanks!  That works great within Mozilla, but I'm still experiencing a
problem carrying things over to/from another application - in this case
EditPad Pro.  I guess this is what I get for attempting to use an
application that was originally developed for the W-platform.  I'll now
start testing some of those text editors that were recommended to me.
One question though - what is going on with the situation where I can
copy one thing over to EditPad Pro, but then that one single item is
stuck in the clipboard (correct term?) and can't be replaced with
something else?  Do things typically copy-paste well from application to
application within Linux, or should I change my work method and avoid
trying to carry text from one application to another?

And... I've hit reply to keep the thread on this - but changed the
subject line - acceptable method?