RE: [tlug] 100mbit to the home

No disputing that.  As I said I was a happy customer, but when my cable
internet arrived no adsl or similar service was available yet. thats why I
switched.

As the discussion heats up in this group I think that there is one big
question to ask:  Is an ISP service a commodity similar to electricity and
water? In the best case I pay the fees, and in return I receive a
configuration sheet, media converter/modem etc...  After I plug the network
settings into my PC / MAC or router, I forget about it forever and it just
works whenever I use it.

Of course there are many factors like capacity, equipment, operating
procedures in the background which make the service better or worse, but the
consumer cannot necessarily feel a difference ...

Patrick