Re: [tlug] getting back on track [ was RE: introductions ]

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:25:41 +0900, Blomberg David <dblomber@example.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 09:19, Alfred Rodriguez wrote:
>> i realize that, and at the moment, im busy checking the new releases of
>> the distributions out there - lindowsOS, turbolinux, mandrake. any
>> suggestions?

What about SuSe?

I just read an interesting article about the legal pressure Novell is
applying to SCO especially in terms of copyright claims which clearly
shows that Novell is "an ardent supporter of Linux".  They also waived
"any purported right SCO may claim to require IBM to treat IBM Code, that
is code developed by IBM, or licensed by IBM from a third party, which IBM
incorporated in AIX but which itself does not contain proprietary UNIX
code supplied by AT&T under the license agreements between AT&T and IBM,
itself as subject to the confidentiality obligations or use restrictions
of the Agreements." (meaning IMHO go ahead world put your expertise into
Linux if you wish so long as it is not copied from UNIX).

"http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20040114142019363

I have not used it as of yet myself but well times are changing.

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/