Re: [tlug] Verio/NTT (was: smoothwall/pppoe/ocn)

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 02:50:45 -0800 scripsit Jonathan Byrne:

> Those types aren't only in Exodus housing, of course; I'm sure they
> like to spread it around, but they are pretty safe there.

Correct. Exoduhs / Clueless & Witless = bulletproof hosting.

Most of the time the spammers hosted there use raped open proxies to spew
their spam around but keep their spamvertized websites on Ex/C&W, which is
why they don't care about DNSBL listings.

Mind you, the latest trend is to move the spamvertized websites off-shore
and host them in Brazil (telemar and embratel like writing pink contracts)
or in China (the whole of the Chinese internet is completely corrupt).

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.23)