Re: [tlug] smoothwall/pppoe/ocn

Leo Glynn wrote:

> I haven`t been in the mailing list since the twics days

That reminds me.  I've inferred that this mailing list used to be hosted on
TWICS, but doesn't that mean that this mailing list had to be Kyoto Linux
Users Group?

>  we have a 16 ip ADSL FLETS PPPOE a/c with OCN

You do know that NTT's US subsidiary (Verio) is one of the most famous
entries on blacklists worldwide?

You do know that the only reason for NTT's domestic operations (OCN, Sphere,
etc.) being less famous is an inadequate understanding by worldwide
administrators of ISPs and blacklists?  It seems that a lot of otherwise
sane people seem to fall into two categories, either blocking all Japanese
e-mail because it's Japanese, or not blocking Japanese e-mail because they
understand that 98% of the world's spams are English not Japanese.  They
fail to understand that Japanese spam operators need to be blacklisted on
account of the spams being spams.  Anyway, even though NTT's domestic spam
operations still bring you most of the connectivity that you contracted for,
why do you want to deal with them?

> I keep getting the
>  "Timeout waiting for PADO packets"

Maybe your own RBL is dropping all packets from NTT?

Due to never having enough time I've mostly been a lurker on this list for
the last few years, but when seeing someone contract with Japan's biggest
spam operator I had to get off my ass.  (Wait a minute, I am still on my ass
writing this e-mail.  Well, something like that.)