Re: [tlug] Verio/NTT (was: smoothwall/pppoe/ocn)

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 11:29:35AM +0100, Godwin Stewart wrote:

>Oh, and the most widely blackholed spam operations nowadays are
>wholesalebandwidth.com, cogent.com, Genuity/PSI, Verizon, Level3,
>UUNet/WorldScum/MCI/Whatever_they're_calling_themselves_today,
>nac.net, most of France, LACNIC areas, the whole of China.

Exodus is pretty bad, too.  I see their IP space come up pretty often,
usually hosting what I call "Enterprise spammers," the real pros.
Those types aren't only in Exodus housing, of course; I'm sure they
like to spread it around, but they are pretty safe there.  Exodus
used to be pretty clean, but like a lot of data center operators did,
when the crunch came and they were looking potential bankruptcy in
the face, they started providing hosting for anybody who had money
in their pocket.  Spammers usually have it.  I don't think many of
them went bust when the dot-com bubble burst.

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9