Re: [tlug] xjdic binary error

jeraldweinstein@example.com wrote:

>> In my efforts to install and run xjdic, I have almost succeeded.
>>
>> I have followed the link provided by Professor Breen as posted.
>>
>> I now have the following message after doing "xjdic" at a kterm window...
>>
>>  xjdic
>> XJDIC Version 2.4 (Japanese Dictionary) Copyright J.W.Breen 2003.
>>    Stand-alone mode
>> Verb data overflow. Ignoring following entries

Curious. I assume you haven't added any lines to the "vconj" file?

>> Unable to open: /usr/jdics.xjdx

So you have a file called "jdics" listed in your .xjdicrc file?

>> I remember that xjdxgen.h was extracted on install, however during the
>> installation, (step (i), I think) when running the command

Erm. There is no file called "xjdxgen.h", just "xjdxgen.c". "make all"
should have made a binary for it.

>> "xjdxgen SA -d /pathname/edict"

Looks as though a few things have been conflated. There is no -d option
for xjdxgen. The "-d dictionary_file" option is for the xjdic program.
The "SA" is a tag meaning StandAlone. As it say in the man page:

	"Options are tagged: CL, SA or SV according  to  whether  they
	are applicable  to the Client, Stand-alone or Server versions."

>> a "command not found" error resulted.

Make sure you have a xjdxgen binary.

>> Are these related errors?
>>
>> Currently I am using kinput2 + Wnn server and
>> am entering Japanese text into a GVIM window.
>>
>> My UTF-8 is set as the LANG locale variable.

xjdic operates with the kterm set to either EUC-JP or ISO-2022-jp. It
ignores the LANG variable.

I can help more, but I need to know what is in the .xjdicrc file, and
a list of files in your dictionary directory.

For SuSE there is a standard install script for xjdic that Mike Fabian
made, and I think there is a standard Debian install too.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554