[tlug] xjdic binary error

In my efforts to install and run xjdic, I have almost succeeded.

I have followed the link provided by Professor Breen as posted.

I now have the following message after doing "xjdic" at a kterm window...

 xjdic
XJDIC Version 2.4 (Japanese Dictionary) Copyright J.W.Breen 2003.
   Stand-alone mode
Verb data overflow. Ignoring following entries
Unable to open: /usr/jdics.xjdx

I remember that xjdxgen.h was extracted on install, however during the
installation, (step (i), I think) when running the command

"xjdxgen SA -d /pathname/edict"

a "command not found" error resulted.

Are these related errors?

Currently I am using kinput2 + Wnn server and
am entering Japanese text into a GVIM window.

My UTF-8 is set as the LANG locale variable.

When I open a Japanese document in Open Office, the characters will
display, however OpenOffice crashes after loading a Japanese document.

Jerald Weinstein M.S.