Re: [tlug] Next Distro

Just for you the Redhat 7.3 users that want to stick with RH for
security
updates here's a service that might be worth considering if
transitioning
ends up being more trouble than its worth.

http://www.progeny.com/products/transition/

Alain

On Dec 2, 2003, at 11:43 AM, Jim Breen wrote:

> Charles Muller <acmuller@example.com> wrote:

>>> I have been hearing much more about SuSE recently. Apparently a good
>>> amount of attention is being paid to the development of this distro.
>
> The way I feel at the moment, I think SuSE may be the next for me too.
> It depends on a few things - if anyone keeps security updates going for
> RH 7.3, I'll stick with it until in ceases to be any good, which means
> basically until I can no longer get rpms I need for new/updated
> packages.
>
> It also depends on how Fedora shapes up. The RedHatness of Fedora is an
> attraction, as I don't want to have to relearn where things are and
> which utilities do what. If a stable Fedora version emerges, that may
> be
> suitable.
>
> Jim

"building a new language is the ultimate lack of code reuse..." -Dave
Clemmer