Re: [tlug] Next Distro

> Charles Muller <acmuller@example.com> wrote:

> >> I have been hearing much more about SuSE recently. Apparently a good
> >> amount of attention is being paid to the development of this distro.
>
> The way I feel at the moment, I think SuSE may be the next for me too.
> It depends on a few things - if anyone keeps security updates going for
> RH 7.3, I'll stick with it until in ceases to be any good, which means
> basically until I can no longer get rpms I need for new/updated
> packages.

SuSE is a rather good distribution and can recommend it to everyone. I'm using it since SuSE 6.4 and changed completely with SuSE 8.2, with version 9.0 they support also many softmodems and thus i got linux running on a laptop and my desktop-pc without any problems - all hardware was recognized; only my ml-1440 laser printer made little probs - no wonder with a windows-only-printer (in spite of the included drivers for linux which are trash)

I do not know if the problems will exist in other countries, too but in Germany they made strong restrictions in the multimedia-part of it and the only way to start a running mediaplayer with SuSE9.0 will be a download of mplayer (not longer included) or a self-compile from a video-player of your choice.

greetings

niels