Re: [tlug] Next Distro

Charles Muller <acmuller@example.com> wrote:
>> David Blomberg wrote:
>>
>> > Anyone here using Libranet?  I currently use mostly SuSE and Red Hat
>>
>> I have been hearing much more about SuSE recently. Apparently a good
>> amount of attention is being paid to the development of this distro.

The way I feel at the moment, I think SuSE may be the next for me too.
It depends on a few things - if anyone keeps security updates going for
RH 7.3, I'll stick with it until in ceases to be any good, which means
basically until I can no longer get rpms I need for new/updated
packages.

It also depends on how Fedora shapes up. The RedHatness of Fedora is an
attraction, as I don't want to have to relearn where things are and
which utilities do what. If a stable Fedora version emerges, that may be
suitable.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554