Re: [tlug] Routing to multiple gateways

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 04:58:39PM +0900, A. Sajjad Zaidi wrote:

> Now what I wanted to do was to route http and ssh traffic to the DSL
> connection and the rest (ftp, bittorrent etc) to the dialup. Does
> anyone know of a way to do this? I thought iptables could, but I
> haven't had any success with it.

One way to implement this would be to have iptables MARK packets
differently according to their parameters (dport, sport...), then
route them differently according to the mark they carry.  (You'll need
the "iproute2" package for that.)
The "Linux Advanced Routing HOWTO" is probably longing to be your
friend. :-)

Cheers,
 David
--