[tlug] Routing to multiple gateways

Hello everyone,

I recently had the bright idea of setting up 2 net connections (a DSL
and dialup) and routing traffic based on the type of data. The reason
for this is that, unlike Japan, there is a data limit on all broadband
connections here in Pak.

The 128Kbps DSL has a monthly limit of a measly 2GB, hardly enough for
a distro download. That's a daily quota of under 70MB. Compare that to
a 24/7 dialup connection's 400MB+ at an average 40Kbps.

Now what I wanted to do was to route http and ssh traffic to the DSL
connection and the rest (ftp, bittorrent etc) to the dialup. Does anyone
know of a way to do this? I thought iptables could, but I haven't had
any success with it.

Thanks in advance.

--
A. Sajjad Zaidi