Re: [tlug] Home Server friendly ISPs?

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Alain Hoang wrote:

>    I find this practice understandable by ISPs but I really dislike ISPs
> that go out of their way to make it difficult (such as renewing IP
> leases often).  Seems like a waste of bandwidth capacity to be able to
> be able to get a 20M pipe then be relegated to just downloading stuff.

I've been using Yahoo BB (with BB-Phone) for the last year or two (ADSL).
The IP is dynamic in theory, but it hasn't changed yet.  The important
thing is that the IP is global.  I guess that's for the sake of the phone.
Anyway, it's worked fine for a mail server, except for sending to AU
(ezweb).

11011011