Re: [tlug] Good binary distribution

And Thus Spake Scott <scottro@example.com> (on Wed, 8 Oct 2003 00:18:01
-0400):

> (Still pushing Arch as my favorite binary distro.)

Of course, you won't be surprised to see that I'm going to push Slackware :)

It's slick, very FreeBSD-ish, binary based but doesn't mind in the least if
you install things from source, has its own package management system (but
can also use rpm for the more masochistic) and security updates are posted
to bugraq in a timely fashion.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)