Re: [tlug] Good binary distribution

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 07:19:31PM -0700, Jake Morrison wrote:
> I am a big Gentoo fan, but sometimes need a good binary
> distribution for smaller machines, firewalls, etc.
> Any recommendations?

Heh, probably Josh will snicker when he saw your question.

ARCH LINUX!!!!!  (Because he knows that I'll be jumping in with it.)

http://www.archlinux.org

I have a page on it, though it's a bit dated, as 0.5 fixed several
things at

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/arch.html

It's also covered in my page on Japanese in Linux, Free and NetBSD at

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html

(Japanese is easy to get working on it--you can use pacman to install
canna, and use my vanilla kinput tarball for kinput--there is a package
for im-ja, but I haven't used it.)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Anyanka: You trusting fool. How do you know the other world is
any better than this?
Giles: Because it has to be.