Re: [tlug] Postfix + IMAP

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 04:35:36PM +0000, Josh Glover wrote:
> The real question is, will Postfix deliver mail to Cyrus mailboxes?

Are you really sure you want to use Cyrus?  I don't like it for
small/home servers because of its black box nature.  I prefer
keeping the mail in mbox or maildir form where there are lots
of tools for dealing with the messages in addition to the IMAP
server.

I've had very good luck with the Dovecot IMAP server
<http://dovecot.fi/>.  It works with either mbox or maildir
mail stores (or combinations of the two, in case you want to
use mbox for archives and maildir for active mailboxes) and is
quite fast thanks to its indexing scheme.  It is under active
development.  0.99-10 works for me.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/