Re: [tlug] Fedora Project.

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 12:07:37 -0500
"Pedro Jara Palma" <pdjara@example.com> wrote:

> I have read some of this in fedora.redhat.com, is cool!!! i think is
> like a debian but with newer released software, maybe more buggy but
> what the hell!!! redhat inc. is gonna use the community for testing and
> development purpose for free for the development of their RedHat
> Advanced Server, but i hope that the Fedora project will be powerful
> enough to override this fact.

From what I understand so far, Fedora will be rather like what Cooker is
for Mandrake. I have read similar comments elswhere and it is a mistake to
think that this will be another debian. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's
impossible to gather such a momentum, quality, respect and developers in a
few months, something that took the Debian Project 10 years.
I kinda got the impression that ReadHat wants to use the community for
free labor to create 'experimental' and then you can only get 'stable' for
money.
This would be the right time to jump ship if you are still a RedHat
user...

--
B0Ti.