Re: [tlug] Redhat

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 01:38:38PM +0200, Ulrich Plate wrote:

>Drakisms. But I guess that means *some* old hands do appreciate urpmi

urpmi only looks cool if you've never used Debian.  It's not as much
of an ugly hack as it used to be (or is it?), but it's still a poor
shadow of apt.  And for those who want a GUI with their apt-get,
Synaptic should fill the bill nicely.

>FreeBSD still gives me the creeps

What don't you like about it?

>months of choking dhclients, all of a sudden my Netgear MA401 WLAN card

What chipset is in that?  I just got a notebook, need to get an 802.11b
card, prefer one that works with airsnort.

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9