Re: [tlug] advice to consider upgrading to RH9

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 09:26:38AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:

> <FLAME BAIT>
> Try Arch--just as fast, 30 minute install
>
> </FLAME BAIT>

Hey, fast installs are great and all, but lets get down to the meat of
things:

1. is /etc sane and orderly?
2. do startup scripts use the rcordered approach or dependency resolution?
3. are packages installed somewhere other than /usr (ie /usr/pkg) and is
   is configurable?
4. is there a base system, and how functionally complete is it?
5. PAMified or not?

I'm still looking for a *BSDish distro for when I need some feature
that (Net|Free)BSD doesn't support or when I am mandated to use
Linux.

--Matt