Re: [tlug] CrossOver

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 10:39:35AM +0900, Dan Lindfield wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At a risk of offending those of you that are Linux diehards I wondered
> if anyone has experience of CodeWeavers' Crossover Office. I have a home
> PC operating under Mandrake 9.1 and no Windoze partition so Win4lin is
> useless, my wife is getting on my case as the Linux software just isn't
> the same as what she is used to at work, I thought it might be easier to
> invest in something like crossover rather than retrain my wife!

I tried the trial version--you can download a trial version, 30 or 60
days, I forget which, that is fully functional--you'll have to fill out
some stuff and give a valid email address.

It seemed to do what it claimed, though I didn't get Japanese working
with it--on the other hand, didn't go to much effort to do so, was just
trying it out of curiosity. I had a couple of glitches during
installation, but found the solutions on their website in a few minutes.

HTH

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Angel: The Master arose. He let me live... to punish me. I kept
hoping you'd come. My destiny...
Buffy: Is this a get-in-my-pants thing? You guys in Sunnydale
talk like I'm the second coming.