Re: [tlug] Howto on Gentoo i18n

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 10:24:44AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 04:16:06PM +0200, David Oftedal wrote:
> > Matt Doughty wrote:
> >
> > >Why? It really is useful.  I'm really a bit curious as to which apps
> > >don't respect LC_CTYPE, I'm not doubting it but would be curious to
> > >know since I have always used LC_CTYPE exclusively.  Needless to say
> > >there is definite value to having Japanese input with English menus.
>
> Not so, at least in Gentoo and RedHat.  (Or FreeBSD, where I don't use
> LC_CTYPE, just LANG and LANGUAGE)

What and who are you disagreeing with here?  It looks like you are
attempting to refute what Matt said, but I don't understand which part
you are saying "Not so" about.  Obviously it is not the last sentence,
as the next thing you say is that you like having English menus.  But
besides that sentence, he is pretty much just stating personal preferences
and experience, so I don't see how you can refute that.

> My Japanese reading is weak, and I prefer the Gimp's menus (as well as
> others) in English.

Which is what Matt was saying.

--
Michael