Re: [tlug] Howto on Gentoo i18n

>Both of these applications have newer versions for GTK2/GNOME2 that work
>fine with LC_ALL set to something else.

Really? Well, for the time being, I've changed the settings in the howto
to the following:

|XMODIFIERS=@example.com=Ami LANG=en_US LANGUAGE=en_US LC_ALL=ko_KR my_program|
|XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2 LANG=en_US LANGUAGE=en_US LC_ALL=ja_JP my_program|

I'm a sucker for LC_ALL, plus it makes the scripts shorter, and this works with both mlterm and gimp. (Though I've no idea why.. I can't remember this working in Red Hat 8! That's what you get for writing a howto about something you ultimately don't understand.)

As you can see, I decided to change my_stupid_program into as you requested. It works, though i doesn't have the same spiteful ring to it. Perhaps my_crap_program would be a nice compromise.

The new version of the howto is sort of a rush job though. If I spot any errors, I'll try to correct them. I'm not well known for my patience though.
--
http://home.no.net/david/