[tlug] Loss of mouse in Framebuffer X

Anyone useing framebuffer X?

In our lab, we have several machines which don't have supported graphics
cards and we have resorted to using framebuffer X.

We are able to get 1024x768x16bit on all machines so far however, all
machines have the same problem:  The mouse often does not work or stops
working in X.  The mice are mostly PS/2 MS Intellimice (non-optical) but
some are two button MS PS/2 mice.

The OSes are RedHat Advanced Server 2.1 and SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8.

Switching to a VT and back not only does not fix the mouse but often
kills the X session for the user leaving them at the KDM/GDM login screen.

--
Marc Christensen
http://www.mecworks.com