[tlug] OT: What does a sysadmin do?

Sorry for the slightly OT post but ...

I was talking on the phone with family back home and someone asked asked
me, "So what exactly does a systems administrator *do*". Apart from
saying "running around with his head chopped off" I was hard-pressed to
find a simple answer. The best I could come up with is "a bit of
everything" ...

I was wondering however if anyone knew of a list (humorous *or* serious)
describing the various tasks (menial and otherwise) that your average
sysadmin does?

Worse comes to worse I'll just give my relatives links to the bastard
operator form hell stories ;)

Thanks,

Jean-Christian Imbeault