Re: [tlug] kanji input --- alternatives available?

In message <3EF58D2D.7020902@example.com> you write:
> Shawn wrote:

> > Is there a way for one to go about getting a better set of lexical
> > selections?  Is she just being sneaky do you think and trying to force
> > me into letting her boot into windows!?!
> >
> > Using canna server and kinput2 if it makes a difference.
>
> Try using Wnn, it's generally known to be better. (Though as soon as you
> enable it it's gonna be a nightmare to select what kana you want to
> convert to kanji. I'm not sure they actually used their brains when they
> made it. RTFM and all that.)

If you can buy a products, ATOK is another alternative for you. It was
ported from Windows world to Linux. But I have never bought, so you
should find some user's voice first.

From my experience, you should allow your wife to use Windows. You can
give her some education by installing Netscape (for web, IM-chat and
e-mail), cygwin for command line tools, and Xfree86 for Windows for X.

# I want to develop some robust sj3 environment, but it is still not
# easy and not mature yet. sj3 was famous Japanese input environment 12
# years ago, but...

== Money is one of the minimum conditions to do anything, but... =======
  Shin MICHIMUKO <smitimko@example.com> http://www.peanuts.gr.jp/