Re: [tlug] kanji input --- alternatives available?

Shawn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My Japanese wife is complaining that the kanji selections available to
> choose from (using redhat 8 japanese language support) are too
> frequently goofy and old fashioned and that proper selections are not
> available.  Is there a difference in terms of distributions_
>
> She likes the Windows package, and I don't wonder if it's not a
> familiarity thing but she is complaining (mildly) so...
>
> Is there a way for one to go about getting a better set of lexical
> selections?  Is she just being sneaky do you think and trying to force
> me into letting her boot into windows!?!
>
> Using canna server and kinput2 if it makes a difference.

Try using Wnn, it's generally known to be better. (Though as soon as you
enable it it's gonna be a nightmare to select what kana you want to
convert to kanji. I'm not sure they actually used their brains when they
made it. RTFM and all that.)

Also, when starting kinput2 with wnn, you need to specify a paramenter
called -wnnenvrc that points to your wnnenvrc file. It's just like that.
And that's the way it is. :P

-Dave Oftedal

--
そんなお茶目さんには罰ゲーム生蛸パンツ十分!