Re: [tlug] Japanese input

>i mean :
>i don t need to open a special kterm window to specify the language, keyboard
>and so on, and then run kmail from that one.
>on the webpage, it is mentioned that this script _must_ be run under kterm ...

Nothing has to be run under kterm, actually. What kterm is useful for is
displaying Japanese characters in text-only apps, even without Japanese
support on the system.

When you have glibc compiled with a Japanese locale (as you obviously
have), you can just start most any application with the environment
variables that are found in the langx script, and tadaa! Japanese
support. Though I find kmail lacks some Japanese fonts here and there.

As a matter of interest, I don't have a langx script, but one called euc
and one called utf. One specifiec euc_JP encoding (same as langx), while
the other specifies UTF-8. Only euc works on gentoo Linux though.

-Dave Oftedal

--
そんなお茶目さんには罰ゲーム生蛸パンツ十分!