[tlug] Japanese input

Old Story new twist

I installed SuSE 8.2 and just tried getting kinput2 going (I usually follow the proceedure that can be found at http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html) After testing I find that pressing shift+space does not put me into the Japanese input mode <environemtn is started and kinput and canna are confirmed to be running>

Anyone seen something like this recently and know of any fixes?

Thank you

David Blomberg (currently w/o sig)