SOLVED: [tlug] Gentoo Linux Kernel Compile Trouble

Thanks!  Its running now.  I did not realise that I did a manual compile,
and that the Gentoo options as specified in make.conf were not used for the
kernel.

So selecting pentium mmx under processor options in make menuconfig fixed
the problem.

I guess most gentoo users are using a newer PC for maximum performance, so
they not normally have a problem with the default kernel setting.

Patrick