Re: [tlug] Japanese input

Installed  SuSE 8.2 and using KDE, check qtconfig first.
You don't need to be 'root' to do this. Just type

 qtconfig

in your terminal.
check bottom of 'interface' section,

'XIM input Style' should be 'over the spot'. Then save and exit.

start 'kate' or other KDE editor.

> I installed SuSE 8.2 and just tried getting kinput2 going (I usually
> follow the proceedure that can be found at
> http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html) After testing I
> find that pressing shift+space does not put me into the Japanese input
> mode <environemtn is started and kinput and canna are confirmed to be
> running>
>
> Anyone seen something like this recently and know of any fixes?

_/_/_/ Shigeo HONDA
_/_/_/ shige@example.com