Re: [tlug] Re: [mew-int 01432] A french page about Mew

On Tue, 27 May 2003 00:50:04 +0700
Jonathan Q <jq@example.com> wrote:

> See, in France, the government, and apparently some of the people, have
> a problem with what we might call, uh, Language Envy.  That is, some
> languages, most notably English, are bigger than theirs and more
> important than theirs, and even a lot of their own native speakers want
> to use words like Le Cheeseburger.  What to do with a bad case of
> Language Envy?

You make _your_ language the official language to stop the invasion of
other foreign languages -  just as some of the states have done in the
USA.  It's not only the French...

--
simon colston
simon@example.com