Re: [tlug] email programs

Godwin Stewart wrote:

> And Thus Spake Jonathan Q <jq@example.com> (on Sun, 25 May 2003
> 18:18:44+0700):
>
> > Kmail is terrific.  I've never tried any graphical MUA that measures
> > up to it, including Sylpheed, Balsa, and Evolution.  It' that great.
>
> What does it do that sylpheed doesn't do apart from need KDE and take
> all day to fire up?

Two things I can't do in Sylpheed: S/MIME (with the Aegypten patch),
and more importantly, it can process Japanese and European character
sets at the same time. That said, I'd be more than happy if someone
could explain to me how to set my locale and stuff to do the latter in
Sylpheed, too. These days I'm getting a much higher percentage of German
and French mails than before, and restarting the client everytime I do
isn't very practical.

Cheers
Ulrich Plate