Re: [tlug] email programs

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 11:38:05AM +0200, David Oftedal wrote:

>Sylpheed is THE e-mail reader for Linux.

I've gotta throw in a plug for Kmail here, as of KDE 3.1.  With
3.1, the whole package is so good that I've been converted to a
KDE user after some years of using Gnome and using several
other WMs before that.

Kmail is terrific.  I've never tried any graphical MUA that measures
up to it, including Sylpheed, Balsa, and Evolution.  It' that great.

You can use procmail to filter spam, make filters in Kmail, or use
your MTA (if you have fetchmail dump the mail to your MTA) to do the
filtering.  Exim does good regex-based filtering and can also use the
RBLs.

Jonathan