Re: [tlug] True Type Fonts in rh9

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 08:52:26AM +0900, Eric Oliver Flores wrote:
> When I got to step 5  an error occurs, it was unable to add the the path.
>
>   ./chkfontpath --add /usr/winfont  (performed as root in a terminal window)
>
>   chkfontpath: error opening /usr/winfont/fonts.dir, unwilling to add path

Does fonts.dir actually exist in that directory?  Have a
non-zero length?  Contain lines mapping filenames to font
families?

> 4.Go to the directory containing the TrueType fonts you want to add, and use
> ttmkfdir to create the font directory file needed by xfs. For instance:
>
>   cd /usr/winfont
>   /usr/sbin/ttmkfdir > fonts.dir

At least on my machine, ttmkfdir is in /usr/bin/.  Wasn't there
an error when you tried this step?

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/