Re: [tlug] file permissions

And Thus Spake Jonathan Q <jq@example.com> (on Wed, 21 May 2003 16:52:00
+0700):

> The use of broken MUAs doubtless doesn't help, but it comes
> up so often that you would think that even if people just don't
> know much about list netiquette, they would remember that
> at least once a month there is a post complaing about
> top-posting and thread-hijacking.  Somehow, though, it
> never stops.

Some people only look at their own postings and at those in the same thread.

I belong to one mailing list where people are regularly asking to be
unsubscribed instead of following the instructions which are posted in the
footer of each mail sent to the list and in the headers of list traffic. In
the end I set up a weekly cron job which sends unsubscribe instructions in
plain, simple English to the list. You can bet your sweet bottom dollar that
some idiot (usually an AOL's Angel) will post another "unsubscribe me" mail
to the list within the following couple of hours.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683