[tlug] small redhat 9 review :)

Hello all,

I have installed phoebe a few days ago in two boxes. One as a server and
one as a desktop ... Below are some random notes about it

1. Redhat 9.0 looks very good. The default desktop environment KDE works
faster on my pen 3/600. Every thing looks more professional

2. Redhat has built a lot of redhat-config* tools by their own. They are
small but does the work well. Very good for newbies.

3. mp3 support for xmms has been removed( check the xmms.spec for
details). They built mp3 support in a
separated module called xmms-mp3 but I can't find it in redhat's CDs( 3
disks). mpg123 is also missing.

4. php-readline has been removed. So we can't run our php scripts( of
course from console:))

5. proftpd has gone and vsftpd took the place. Vsftpd stands for Very
Secure FTP Deamon. I have looked at vsftpd's source code and I love it -
good design and programming pratice. Very good replacement.

6. default web server is httpd 2.0.44 . 1.3 is gone.

7. The only problem I got is that: Each time I start mpg123
/path/to/some/mp3file.mp3( mpg123 is built from source) I got an error

----
Device busy or error
----

and I have to run Redhat's Sound Detect first, then start mpg123.
Any ideas?

Vu Hung

|            Nguyen Vu Hung( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/~vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |
| Tokyo Linux Users Group http://www.tlug.gr.jp/           |
|  I am looking for a job in Japan or Hanoi. My resume     |
|  http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/~vuhung/tmp/resume-03.txt     |

#cat Makefile
war:
        rm -rf /