Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] [JAPANESE_BEGINNER] Good Startup Tools/Tips?
- Date: 06 Mar 2003 12:02:43 -0600
- From: David Eduardo Gómez Noguera <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] [JAPANESE_BEGINNER] Good Startup Tools/Tips?
- References: <200303060827.h268RIN7007174@example.com>
On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 15:39, Ben Gator wrote: > Greetings Tlug! 1-3: gjiten (2 for gtk2 support), with Jim Breen's edict and other dictionaries are helpfull, along with kanjipad. There is also some kdrill program somewhere. > - mailer: (Sylpheed?) Its a good choice, but I expect Evolution, when it gets stable for gtk2, will be great for any language. (I hope anyway) > - ICQ/AIM/MSN/JABBER-client: I like gnomeicu, and I have always had problems with gaim, ymessenger and gabber. Maybe the java versions for icq and yahoo messengers? > - IRC-client: (xchat?) dont know, have never tried japanese there. But since its working with gtk2 I would think yes. > - editor: (vim?) any editor that support plain text files and enough encodings plus yudit (yudit has had the best i18n support i have found so far) > > > 5: In short - what proggie(s)/website(s) do I need to make my PC 100% > Japanese capable? Again, I like gtk2 and gnome, and I think when 2.4 gets here it will support i18n pretty much, but so far, I have found that everybody says japanese locales are not utf8 ready yet, so 100% support is a bit away yet. I would really much like to help them, but I have no idea about how to build a locale, and who are working on those locales (dont want to duplicate efforts)
- [tlug] [JAPANESE_BEGINNER] Good Startup Tools/Tips?
- From: Ben Gator
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Apache & suexec
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] System + 2 tunnels
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] [JAPANESE_BEGINNER] Good Startup Tools/Tips?
- Next by thread: RE: [tlug] [JAPANESE_BEGINNER] Good Startup Tools/Tips?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links