Re: [tlug] Folding@example.com

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:38:00PM +1100, Sam Tilders wrote:

> Of course this might simply be a direct result of using the cpu. But I have
> made this machine work hard before and not noticed this. It is an increase of
> several degrees (C) quite quickly.

Its probably the cpu intensive nature of the program. Probably before when you
worked the machine hard it still wasn't constantly pegged at 100% because most
processes are generally dependant on some other resource (disk, mem etc.).
the distributed computing projects tend to only be processor bound.  I suspect
your machine has insufficient cooling, and F@example.com just helped you find it.

--Matt