Re: [tlug] Folding@example.com

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:00, Josh Glover wrote:
> As you can see, TLUG's Folding@example.com team has broken into the top 500. Not
> bad, considering that there seem to be around 20,000 teams involved. Read
> the details at http://folding.stanford.edu/, sign up and help make TLUG
> number 1! :)

You've inspired me to finally run up a distributed computing client. That and
F@example.com seems to be a useful project.

However, it seems to be taking 97 - 99 percent of my CPU according to top.
This in itself is ok, as the machine I've started it on is probably idle a
lot of the time.

But not long after I started getting warnings from the temperature sensor
software (lm_sensors). As soon as I stopped the F@example.com client the temp sensors
started to go back down again. Start the client again, temp goes up.

Of course this might simply be a direct result of using the cpu. But I have
made this machine work hard before and not noticed this. It is an increase of
several degrees (C) quite quickly.

Anyone else running temp sensors on the same machine as their F@example.com client? Or
got any thoughts on the matter?

Sam Tilders
sam@example.com

Cogito Ergo Sum - I think, therefore I am.  (Descartes)