Re: [tlug] Suse 8.1 In-Hand

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:22:21PM +0900, A. Sajjad Zaidi wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:22:22PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> >
> > Very subjective opinion (no benchmarking of any sort).
>
> Not really. My choices were based on a few benchmarks that I saw
> involving at least 3 filesystems. Unfortunately, it was a while back and
> I can't find the link.

Oops, hope my post was clear--I meant that my post was based on my very
subjective opinion, and I had done no benchmarking.  :)  Hrrm, I'm a bit
self-centered there I guess.  :)

> Maybe we can run our own if someone is willing to sponsor the hardware.
> :-)

Heh.  Sounds good to me.  :)  Actually, I'm almost all FreeBSD these
days.  Ohhhh--worth mentioning, perhaps. FreeBSD can't mount reiser
partitions while it can mount ext3, seeing them as ext2.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Mayor Wilkins: She's pretty, Angel. A little skinny. Still
don't understand why it couldn't work out with you and my Faith. I
guess you kinda just have strange tastes in women.
Angel: Yeah, well, what can I say? I like 'em sane.