Re: [tlug] load averge question

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:59:24PM +0100,
Godwin Stewart wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 00:01:54 +0900, Mike Gauthier <mike@example.com> wrote to
> tlug@example.com:
>
> > I'd hardly say their _plastered_ all over the /etc directory.  They all
> > seem to be conveniently located under
> > /etc/cron.[daily|hourly|monthly|weekly].  That COULD be plastered... or
> > not... but then... I'M PLASTERED right now!
>
> LOL :)
>
> This being said, I think you'll find most distros confine their crontab
> files under /var/spool/cron/crontabs.

But those are meant to be edited by humans via crontab -e. Both Red
Hat-compatibles and Debian also have the /etc/cron.* interface, the aim of
which is to allow packages to register and unregister cron jobs cleanly.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?    -- Steve Wright