[tlug] Japanese encoding resources

Hi all,

Some people at work want to learn about Japanese encoding. My personal experience is that a lot of the material available is very hard to read, it is more like reading specifications than a tutorial. Ken Lunde's book is extremely daunting and I most humbly suggest it isn't that well written. After 3 or 4 years working with Japanese there is still a lot I don't know.

So I suspect I am going to have to write something myself unless I can find something online. The stuff on Jim Breen's pages is also pretty tough going.

I'd appreciate it if people could suggest any online resources they think are suitable. (If I do write something I'll will be seeking a peer review.)

Brett