Re: [tlug] upgrde rpm

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:47:37PM +0900, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
> > How can I upgrade rpm package from 4.0.3-1.0.3 to rpm-4.0.4-7x?
>
> rpm -Uvh rpm-4.0.4-7x*

Thank you Jim

> > I found this warning but no anwsers to this question from our ML archive:
>
> I disagree with that warning.  (Admittedly it was messier to
> upgrade from RPM-3* to RPM-4*... but even then there you could
> do it in two 'rpm -Uvh' steps which took care of updating the
> RPM database format.)
>
> BTW, if you are looking for a way to automate some or all of
> keeping your system up to date, check out http://www.autorpm.org/
> or http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~gerald/ftp/autoupdate/  I've used
> both, and am currently using autorpm on a number of systems.

Do I need them if my redhat box is a server? It means that there are only
few rpms installed on my system and I upgrade RPM when I found something
new at http://www.redhat.com/apps/support/errata/ .

Hung Vu

|            Nguyen Vu Hung( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/~vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |
| Tokyo Linux Users Group http://www.tlug.gr.jp/           |