Re: [tlug] Re: How to get sylpheed to display Japanese?

Scott Robbins wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 12:38:23AM +0000, big0 wrote:
> > >Does anyone (Ryan? Scott?) know how to
> > >build sylpheed on a Gentoo box so it can display Japanese
> > >correctly? (I looked at the ebuild script, but there's nothing
> > >special there.)
> >
> > http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html
> >
> > There is a section "Gentoo Linux and Japanese".
>
> Yeah, but I wrote that and don't have the answer. :-( .  I'm trying to
> emerge sylpheed now with the cjk variables and will have a report
> soon--oops, almost time for Buffy, well, in an hour or so.

This will work perfectly well, USE="cjk" or not. Scott's usual wrapper
script approach (check the Computertaijutsu pages if you don't know what
I'm talkin about) works with Sylpheed, too, no need to bend over
backwards. The real question is: How do I get Sylpheed to display
anything BUT Japanese once I've started it this way? In spite of
Sylpheed 0.8.9 being released with UTF-8 support, Godwin already
complained about not getting it to work a couple of days ago, and I
haven't figured it out yet, either. If anybody could help with THAT, I'd
be extremely grateful.

Cheers
Ulrich Plate

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key CF7D6206
Fingerprint CDD6 3225 3489 1305 D4D6 1CCF 50E8 6505 CF7D 6206