Re: [tlug] Distro for the Mac

  BABA> Melvin Sneed wrote:

  +> I've got a Friend with a G4 cube who is pretty much fed up with
  +> that bastardized BSD/Apple/Xwin/??? excuse of an OS. Having run
  +> Linux only on Intel and sun, I thought y'all might point me to a
  +> good starting place for linux on a G4.

  BABA> What's wrong with OSX, besides its slow GUI?

Not to mention here, that you always have an option to run without it.
Easiest thing to do is to login as "console>" to text console, and
after logged as user: startx.

And Apple's X11 is _really_ fast even in it's first beta. XFree doesn't
come close to it.

Cheers,
--Dmytro

--
 Dmytro Koval'ov
 http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~as9d-kvlv

GPG keyID 215DDFF7
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 215DDFF7