Re: [tlug] QT 2.2.2 -- another lib question.

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 12:29, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On 1/14/2003, "xian" <ccd@example.com> wrote:
> >It definately seems to be craving the libs, but perhaps those are just
>
> the
>
> >first things it's looking for. I'm downloading an older developer
>
> tarball
>
> >(2.3.something, the last before the 3 series).
>
> Your original post was a bit lacking in detail (slap! :-)
*slap accepted*

> First, developer
> versions of packages are generally not guaranteed to work, and often carry
> some sort of warning label.  "Developer version" is the antonym of "stable
> version."  Going with a stable version of the package might help you.

I had the stable package, I was going to the developer packages to try and get
it to work.

> Next, if that package was written for KDE 2, it's not very likely to build
> against KDE 3, so you should try a newer version that has been ported to
> KDE 3.

This is probably my actual problem :) It is a KDE2 package and I am running
KDE3. Whatever happened to backwards compatibility? *grumble*

So, does anyone know of any software that will decode and burn ogg-vorbis
audio?