Re: [tlug] QT 2.2.2 -- another lib question.

On 1/14/2003, "xian" <ccd@example.com> wrote:

>It definately seems to be craving the libs, but perhaps those are just
the
>first things it's looking for. I'm downloading an older developer
tarball
>(2.3.something, the last before the 3 series).

Your original post was a bit lacking in detail (slap! :-) - you mentioned
neither the name of the package you're trying to compile, nor the version -
but here we get a potential clue about another possible cause of your
problem.  "An older developer tarball ... the last before the 3 series)" is
something worth looking at on a couple of points.  First, developer
versions of packages are generally not guaranteed to work, and often carry
some sort of warning label.  "Developer version" is the antonym of "stable
version."  Going with a stable version of the package might help you.

Next, if that package was written for KDE 2, it's not very likely to build
against KDE 3, so you should try a newer version that has been ported to
KDE 3.

HTH,

Jonathan