Re: [tlug] Ugly OpenOffice Menu font

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:03:12 +0700
"Jonathan Q" <jq@example.com> wrote:

> I recently installed OpenOffice 1.0.1 and while everything went OK and I
> get lots of pretty fonts for documents, the font it uses for the OO
> menus themselves is *UGLY*.  Monospaced and not even nice-looking.  It's
> bad enough to be embarrassing.  Googling around hasn't given me anything
> to go on.  I downloaded the whole source tarball with the thought to
> build it from source, but that doesn't seem quite as simple as
> ./configure;make;make install, to say the least.  Anybody else
> see this behavior?  The platform is RH 7.3, kept uptodate.

From the README file in the ~/OpenOffice.org1.0 directory:

Changing the User Interface Font

In OpenOffice.org you can change the font used for screen display and
printing by replacing it with a different font installed on your system.
This can be done using the font replacement function. Choose Tools -
Options - OpenOffice.org - Font Replacement to access this function.
To change the font of the OpenOffice.org user interface, you have to
replace the default font "Andale Sans UI" with another font and mark the
"always" setting for this replacement.
Refer to the OpenOffice.org Help for a detailed explanation of the dialog.

HTH

--
simon colston
simon@example.com