Re: [tlug] CPU cycles and packet filtering

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 08:51:47AM +0900, Ulrich Plate wrote:

>As a customer of the aforementioned (yetnotbyname) former employer of
>yours, I can say I'm very pleased with the results. Except that now I
>occasionally get messages from mailing list administrators telling me
>that perfectly legitimate messages have bounced

That's the only drawback with that type of filter is that while it is
very effective, it has no middle ground.  Filtering on language encoding
is all or nothing.  For those of us who get no legit mail in those
encodings, it's great.

Of course, we did notice that some spammers started sending the stuff
with no encoding, so it would leak through.  Strikes me as stupid to
force it down the throat of a place that's blocking it, but there
you go.

Jonathan
--
GPG key: DF12B4EF (5399 C834 3ABB C3AF 610C  5345 D5D6 E6EA DF12 B4EF)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys  DF12B4EF